Per industry standards, wood flooring may have natural or manufacturing defects in up to 5% of the boards.
CHINA LINK WOOD FLOORING QUALITY GUARANTEE
China Link guarantees that its wood flooring:
1. Meets quality standards in www.chinalinkflooring.com or in GB/T18103-2000 and
2. Satisfies EN E1 maximum formaldehyde emission levels.
3. Has varnish impact resistance of minimum 0.3 m and at least grade 4 varnish stain resistance.
4. Has varnish hardness of min HB, varnish adhesive force of min level 2, and varnish
abrasion resistance of min 0.15 g/100 turns.
5. Has a modulus of rupture ≥ 30 MPa and a modulus of elasticity ≥ 4000 MPa1 .
6. Will not delaminate if our installation and maintenance instructions are respected2 .
This guarantee shall only be valid if:
1. The flooring has been stored properly (temperature: 18° C; relative humidity: 35-65%)
for no more than 18 months.
2. The flooring installer is an experienced professional who has:
· Followed our installation instructions.
· Measured and assessed:
· MC of both the wood flooring and the sub-floor.
· Stopped installation and contacted the supplier if boards were defective3 .
3. The users have:
· Followed maintenance instructions as in www.chinalinkflooring.com. In particular, room
temperature should be about 18°C and room relative humidity should be 35-65%.
Humidifiers and/or dehumidifiers may be necessary to keep a healthy environment for
people and floors.
· Used the flooring in common residential conditions.
· Reported the product defect within 15 days of the quality issue becoming apparent.
This guarantee does not cover:
1. Damages caused by:
· Improper installation, use and maintenance;
· Natural disasters, water, fire, furniture, heels, pets, chemicals;
· Product alterations or attempts to repair, refinish or re-coat.
2. Color differences reflecting wood’s natural shades4.
3. Expansion and shrinkage due to seasonal changes, age and sunlight.
4. Normal wearing, especially in high traffic areas and oil/wax finishing.
5. Staining of natural oiled floors.
6. Damage caused by improper installation or usage over radiant heating. The installer is
responsible for verifying that the flooring is suitable for use over radiant heating and for
installing the flooring according to approved industry standards. It is the responsibility of the
homeowner to ensure the heating system is operating within appropriate wood flooring
parameters. Given the fact that usage conditions are privy to the flooring users, China Link
shall only consider claims on wood flooring used over radiant heating if a “heat tape” has been
installed on the reverse side of the flooring, allowing all parties concerned to know the
temperature wood flooring was subjected to.
7. Products older than 5 years from the date of shipment.
Guarantee beneficiary and guarantee activation procedure:
The beneficiary of this guarantee is the original purchaser of China Link’s wood flooring. This guarantee is not transferable.
In order to activate the guarantee, the beneficiary shall submit, within 15 days of the flooring defect becoming apparent: 1) a report on the nature and extent of the quality issue; 2) the relevant purchase contract or commercial invoice; 3) relevant pictures and samples. China Link reserves the right to undertake a visual and technical inspection of the flooring concerned.
On the basis of the above, China Link shall take a position within 10 working days. In case China Link finds the claim to be justified, it shall either reimburse or replace the flooring concerned. In no event shall China Link be responsible for any direct, indirect, punitive, economic, commercial, consequential, incidental or special loss or damage or any claim by a third party, resulting from the use or loss of use of the product.
These guarantee terms apply to all wood flooring sold by China Link after January 2005 and replace all previous guarantees.
1 Unless otherwise specified, results per PRC national testing standards in force at the time of
2 Up to 5% of the floor boards may have minor signs of delamination, i.e. corners lifting, in which
3 The installer is considered to have accepted any flooring he/she has installed. It is the installer’s
case China Link would cover the costs of board replacement (maximum $80 per board). Should
more than 5% of board delaminate and rip-out and re-install be required, China Link’s
responsibility will not exceed 2 times the value of the floor. China Link will not be responsible for
moving costs or cleaning up; these will be part of China Link clients’ rip out and re-install
exclusive responsibility to: 1. not install any obviously defective board(s); 2. Install boards in an
aesthetically harmonious manner. China Link will not be responsible for installation problems.
4 Wood is naturally diverse in its appearance. Orders will show natural variations around samples’